Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happen to custom printing on this upgrade. Can not print 11x13 anymore.

When go to print a photo I can no longer print anything than what is listed by the driver. There is no longer any choices in paper sizes that I need. Or the custom doesn't work etc. HELP please.

i-mac

Posted on May 2, 2015 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2015 6:57 PM

What printer do you have? Is it capable of printing on 13 in wide paper?

Start a print job in another application and under Paper Size see if there's a Manage Custom Sizes option like there is for my Epson Printer:

User uploaded file

I have several custom sizes listed at the bottom.

User uploaded file

4 replies

May 2, 2015 7:09 PM in response to cmsrx

You are correct. The main problem is Cannon. They only list paper size on their driver that match what they sell. I print 11x14 because they have frames this size, but Cannon doesn't sell this size paper. In the past HP would let you print whatever size you wanted to, or what they had on their drivers. It isn't really Apple's problem. It is my trying to make a Cannon printers work like the HP printwe I have used for the last 10 years.

WE also are familiar with the older iPhoto program from 5 years ago. The newer program, in many respect, is easier to use but can be frustrated when you are not familiar with the program.

THan you

May 3, 2015 2:39 PM in response to Old Toad

I have a Cannon pro-100 that prints up to 13x19. Cannon's drivers for iPhoto and Photo as I said do not list this paper size. My old HP 8700 did. When I do use this size I have to move a PDF into Aperture. The Cannon's driver still doesn't list that paper size, but I go to their custom setting as well as their iso setting for the different types of paper, so you can get a better color match. I use paper from Red River and they will give you the iso downloads for their paper types on their site or if you call they will walk you through the process. Most other paper companies will do the same thing.

Cannon is frustrating because it almost forces you to use nothing but their secondary products etc.

Thank you for you help you have been very helpful.

What happen to custom printing on this upgrade. Can not print 11x13 anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.