Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos missing from iPhoto after prompted to clear from memory card

I just imported a couple of videos from my GoPro camera into iPhoto. After the videos were imported, I created an album. Once the videos finished importing I was prompted on screen to erase the video's from the memory card and that the import was complete. I did erase them. I then imported more pictures and videos from my regular camera into iPhoto and also following the prompt to erase the memory card post import. The pics/video from the regular camera are there, but my GoPro videos are not. I cleared the memory card so I can't re-import them. It seems they have to be on the computer somewhere since it said "Import complete, Erase Memory Card". Are they still on here somewhere or gone forever?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), iOS 8.3

Posted on May 2, 2015 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2015 12:00 PM

Create a smart album with the criteria

User uploaded file

and check there to see if you can find the missing videos. If not then you'll need a file recovery app like PhotoRescue to try too recover the files from the memory card. There are other similar apps that can do the job. Go to MacUpdate.com and search for photo recovery. Most have a demo mode to show you if you can recover the file before you have to purchase it.

Never let iPhoto or other import app delete the files form the memory card. It's best to make sure the download was successful and that all files are viewable/playable before deleting from the menory card.d When memory cards are involved it's best to let the camera reformat the card than let the app or the Mac do the deleting/reformatting.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2015 12:00 PM in response to jalapenorancher

Create a smart album with the criteria

User uploaded file

and check there to see if you can find the missing videos. If not then you'll need a file recovery app like PhotoRescue to try too recover the files from the memory card. There are other similar apps that can do the job. Go to MacUpdate.com and search for photo recovery. Most have a demo mode to show you if you can recover the file before you have to purchase it.

Never let iPhoto or other import app delete the files form the memory card. It's best to make sure the download was successful and that all files are viewable/playable before deleting from the menory card.d When memory cards are involved it's best to let the camera reformat the card than let the app or the Mac do the deleting/reformatting.

User uploaded file

Videos missing from iPhoto after prompted to clear from memory card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.