Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Download additional content" Locked-up

I have the latest Macbook Air, 1.4 G processor, 8GB / 1600MHz memory. I recently purchased Logic Pro 10.1. I downloaded additional content, and at the very end of the installation the download locked up. It has been that way for 2 days. I can't shut down Logic because a "download is in progress". Meanwhile the installation bar just sits there saying that "5 seconds" remains for the download. It has been a long 5 seconds! Thanks for any help.

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on May 2, 2015 12:40 PM

6 replies

May 2, 2015 5:20 PM in response to w rfromcharlotte

This has been reported here on occasion by other users... and the exact cause is often different in each case...

Forcing a restart of Logic sometimes fixes it...

Also try downloading the Additional Content manually in batches of 2 or 3 at a time, using the Additional Download screen....rather than all of them at once. That too, can often fix the problem...

Otherwise, read these tips.... and please take careful note of and act upon, each section...

Downloading 'Essential or Additional Content' or the Logic Pro X app Tips

May 2, 2015 8:29 PM in response to w rfromcharlotte

There is one other reason it stops at 5 secs that I forgot to mention...

At that exact point, you are required to enter your computer's user/system password... so Logic can actually install the additional content.

Note: This is not the same as your Apple ID Password though both passwords can actually be the same if you so chose to make them so.... or you used the option to use your Apple ID's password as the System/computer Password... when you set up your Mac initially.. but again, they don't have to be the same and so it's easy to get confused.

If you fail to notice this dialog box... cancel that request or type in the wrong password or fail to enter the password altogether.., the download/install sequence stops at exactly 5 seconds to go and cannot proceed...

Also, sometimes people either miss this dialog box asking for their computer's password... because they are using multiple screens or multiple spaces and either the popup dialog box asking for this password gets hidden behind another window or its on a different space or screen... or they cancel the dialog box because they don't realize why it is being requested.... which again causes this issue...

May 3, 2015 1:43 PM in response to w rfromcharlotte

Thanks for the reply, but I'm still stuck. It was a long download, and I never saw the window asking for ID. The "5 seconds" window remains locked, and I can't shut Logic down because it has taken away that option due to the "download in progress". What can I do to get this unlocked so that I can access the additional content (sounds) and get to work?

Again, there is no ID window, just the" install additional content" bar frozen at 5 sec., and no way that I can tell to access the ID window. Also, the "Quit Logic" option has been taken away. So, how can I get this unlocked, or get Logic to shut down in hope of starting the process over? - Thanks

"Download additional content" Locked-up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.