Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Library

Hi there,

I just purchased the 200GB extra storage plan in iCloud and have now switched on iCloud photo Library.

I had roughly 9000 pictures at the beginning of my upload but the upload has now stalled at 1,387 items for the past 2 days.

I have switched it off, "pause for one day" rebooted my computer etc but nothing seems to work.

Whilst it is on and stalled during upload computer system is extremely slow with the beachball of death spinning like crazy whenever I open a new page/app/or even type. If I "pause for one day" computer returns to normal and no more spinning ball.

I'm using iMac desktop mid 2010 running OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 2, 2015 2:18 PM

7 replies

May 2, 2015 2:23 PM in response to dub777

upload but the upload has now stalled at 1,387 items for the past 2 days.

Can you tell by looking at the iCloud Photo Library from another Mac or at www.cloud.com which library item is currently being uploaded? The problem may be a video or photo, that is corrupted and cannot be processed. It would help to identify the item and to remove it from the library.

Look, what already has been uploaded, and which item is the next one.

May 3, 2015 1:22 PM in response to léonie

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ok I logged into iCloud from another computer and opened up "moments" I can see the last downloaded picture was 8th November 2008.

It has successfully downloaded all pictures from my mac from 8th Nov 2008 till Today 2015.

I have opened the pictures in my mac and naturally thought the next pictures it would download, and hence the problem pictures, would be on the 7th November 2008.

I deleted all pictures from my mac on this date and resumed the download but it is still hung on 1387 pictures to upload and does not even recognise that I have deleted approximately 10 pictures from the 7th so there should only be 1377 pictures to upload.

I have switched off and no iCloud photos and rebooted computer but we are still hung on 1387 unfortunately.

Ready to take it to the next level please.

Thanks in advance

May 3, 2015 3:18 PM in response to dub777

The suggestion I found in this thread seems to have resolved my problem.

iCloud photo library not uploading

It suggested to log out of and back into my iCloud account in system preferences. As someone else raised as a concern, this does warn you that all iCould content will be removed from our MAC if you log out. I did it any way and when I logged back in everything seems good and iCloud Photo Library is again uploading from my Photos app. I did reboot after logging out of iCloud and before I re-logged in.

Hope this helps out others too. Also hope it does not keep happening.

May 5, 2015 10:55 AM in response to Cheese7007

Many thanks Leonie and Cheese7007 for your suggestions.

I tried to sign off reboot and got stuck again at 1380 pictures this time.

Leonie, I understand what you mean about external referencing etc but I did not know how to see if it was external referenced. As I scrolled down the pictures they all looked fine and free of corruption but I could not see a way to know if they were external referenced or not.

In the end I have decided to export all my images to an external hard drive and I will import the missing 1300 odd in batches of 100 or so and find the culprit pictures. Once deleted I'll reinstall them in to iPhoto on the mac.

Bit long winded but I was running out of patience with it.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Cheers

iCloud Photo Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.