Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S battery dead while charging??

My iPhone 4S was on and charging at 87% when I went to bed, I woke up with is "still charging" and the phone was about to die... It was at 11% with the charge symbol! What the heck! (I have an app the runs while I sleep so that discharge is fine if it wasn't plugged in!) I unplugged the cord and put it back in and the phone started to charge again...

This happened 2 days ago except mu phone actually turned off while being plugged in and was at 100% when I turned it back on...

Used a different USB cord so thats not he problem, and my phone holds a charge ok, so I was wondering if it could be the new iOS 8.3 with a bug telling the phone to stop charging after 100%???

I like don't trust my phone as an alarm anymore now... and I've never had this problem.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 2, 2015 3:07 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2015 12:58 PM in response to Buster4Christ

Hi, Buster4Christ.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are experiencing an issue charging your iPhone 4s. Intermittent issues can be tough to troubleshoot and I see you have already gone through some troubleshooting steps on your own. I would recommend taking a look at the article below to see if any of the steps that have not already been processed help. If these steps do not resolve the issue or you still have concerns, see the section labeled Get more help.

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

-Jason H.

iPhone 4S battery dead while charging??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.