Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

got an iPod touch from a friend, but left her gmail account logged in

I got an iPod touch from my friend, but she left her gmail account logged in. She doesn't want to talk to me anymore due to a big fight we had and I can't get her gmail account logged out. Any idea. I'm trying to reset it to factory setting and it wants me to sign into her gmail account. How do I go about doing that?

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 2, 2015 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2015 2:11 PM

From what you say it sounds as if she set up 'Activation Lock'. Once this is done, only the previous owner can unlock it, either by providing you with the account ID and password, or by removing it from their list of devices - please see http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4515

If you are unable to persuade her to do this then I'm afraid you will not be able to use the device - there is no other way of unlocking it at all. Apple cannot unlock it for you. Try a large bunch of flowers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2015 2:11 PM in response to tsukiko8188

From what you say it sounds as if she set up 'Activation Lock'. Once this is done, only the previous owner can unlock it, either by providing you with the account ID and password, or by removing it from their list of devices - please see http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4515

If you are unable to persuade her to do this then I'm afraid you will not be able to use the device - there is no other way of unlocking it at all. Apple cannot unlock it for you. Try a large bunch of flowers.

May 2, 2015 2:27 PM in response to tsukiko8188

Is she signed in Settings>iCloud and is FindMyiPod turned on in that locations?

If so that although can place the iPod in Recovery mode and restore via iTunes the iPod will ask you to enter her ID and password before you can activate/set up the iPod.

She has to remove it from here account as stated in the previous reply. Apple will not help

got an iPod touch from a friend, but left her gmail account logged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.