Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete multiple contacts at once

I haven't been able to find a way t delete more than one contact at a time. Deleting them individually is way too long since I have a lot to get rid of. Can someone tell me how to go about this?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 2, 2015 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2016 6:51 AM

Any solution found yet?

I dont want to download an app for such an obvious must have feature.

Are you listening apple?

12 replies

Apr 7, 2017 6:30 AM in response to EstrellaItalia

My wife gets credit for this workaround: Link all of the contacts you want to delete. Edit the first contact you want to delete, scroll to the bottom and link each contact you want to delete. Click done, then go back to editing that single contact, scroll all the way to the bottom and click delete contact. You get a pop up to delete x number of contacts.

Jan 27, 2018 11:52 PM in response to EstrellaItalia

Hi,

There is no built in feature to do this, but there is a simple work around if you have synced your iPhone contacts with Google contacts.

• Login to your Google contacts using your laptop or iPhone and delete multiple contacts there.
  • Now, open your iPhone contacts and just refresh your contact list. (Refresh by swiping down from the top of the screen)

Dec 28, 2017 6:24 PM in response to SergZak

I found a Mac solution

1. go to the Mac search feature in the upper right corner (it should be to the right of the time display at)

2. click on contacts and open the application

3. once open at the top right where it displays Contacts click on "Card" 4th line down look for duplicates and click.

If that does not do the trick down load an app from the app store called "A2Z", it is free. Once downloaded 2/3 of the way down there is Delete Contacts..

Click on the group you want to delete, click all and delete.

Make sure that all or your device syn to this new list otherwise you might import the old list again.

May 2, 2015 2:13 PM in response to EstrellaItalia

Download the free app called My Contacts Backup. The app will allow an easy way to wipe out all of the contacts on the device. This feature is accessed by scrolling all the way down on the main app screen. Note that this does NOT allow you to select multiple contacts to delete but rather only allows you to delete the ENTIRE contacts list. There may be other contacts apps in the App Store that will allow you to select which you want to delete but I have no experience nor can comment on which apps those are.

As you've found, iOS's Contacts app does NOT allow you to bulk-delete contacts. You need to use an additional app.

Dec 2, 2016 3:28 PM in response to kartikfromdelhi

Agree with you.. there shd be a way to delete multiple contacts at once. Moreover I don't like the way the contacts are being synced with email accounts. I have 4 accounts, I don't know which account has that particular contact, if u delete some email account, all my contacts are gone. I wish I could maintain just one account for everything, but still I'm not able to delete other pccount because it may contains many of my contacts. Now it's totally messed up, only one thing way to make things clear, just delete everything and add right from contact# 1

Delete multiple contacts at once

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.