Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having trouble paying for iCloud storage

I have exceeded my free limit and I am trying to pay for iCloud storage in the UK but the frame is set up for a USA address I am in the UK - HELP please.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on May 2, 2015 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 6:06 AM

I have the same problem. I wanted to take up the option of iCloud backup of all my photos but needed to add storage space. I opted for 200GB, agreed to pay, put in my (correct) password, but after a short period I was simply asked for my password again. Even when I access my iCloud storage directly via the iCloud site, rather than indirectly via iPhoto, I have the same problem. The only thing I can see that might be responsible is a padlock symbol in the top right of the screen when I try to pay, which makes me suspect that in some way my account is locked, but I can't find any way of unlocking. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2015 6:06 AM in response to CalleyAnne

I have the same problem. I wanted to take up the option of iCloud backup of all my photos but needed to add storage space. I opted for 200GB, agreed to pay, put in my (correct) password, but after a short period I was simply asked for my password again. Even when I access my iCloud storage directly via the iCloud site, rather than indirectly via iPhoto, I have the same problem. The only thing I can see that might be responsible is a padlock symbol in the top right of the screen when I try to pay, which makes me suspect that in some way my account is locked, but I can't find any way of unlocking. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

May 3, 2015 6:35 AM in response to Huon Gray

Hi Huon Gray

I wondered about the padlock too, but as it happens I had a rare brainwave after I posted.

Initially I attempted to buy my Cloud Storage on my iMac, but as stated above, I was not able to as for some reason my iMac decided I was in the USA.

I then decided to try to purchase iCloud storage via my iPad instead (just to see what happened). Magic - I had an option to choose my location on the iPad and I was able to select UK location and then go on to then fill-in my UK address and credit card details.

Since my iPad and iMac talk to each other, the information that I drilled into my iPad very soon appeared on my iMac too, where my location now shows as the UK.

Therefore, if you have this problem and have a mobile device, try purchasing your iCloud storage on that. I am not sure why it worked, but I am glad that it did.

If anyone can give me a technical reason why my iMac which was bought in the UK and has never travelled further than a few miles to my house, thought it lived in the USA, I would be very interested.

May 3, 2015 7:10 AM in response to CalleyAnne

Thanks Calley Anne. I should have waited for your helpful reply, because it was helpful and correct !

I contacted Apple Support, who advised me to do exactly what you have suggested and it worked fine. Apparently it is a system problem which he said Apple were working on and should be corrected in future, presumably by a software update.

Thanks for your help.

I am having trouble paying for iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.