Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix wifi issues on ipad 2 under ios 8.3

SIgnal of wifi from my router is great diminished under my update on ios8.3 on my ipad 2

iPod touch (2nd generation), iOS 4.2, I have no proof of my itouch 3!

Posted on May 2, 2015 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 6:44 PM

Hello Bobinseattle,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the iOS device is having trouble with the range to the network. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2015 6:44 PM in response to Bobinseattle

Hello Bobinseattle,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the iOS device is having trouble with the range to the network. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

May 4, 2015 6:09 PM in response to mario49

Thanks for this guidance. However, what concerns me is that I did not have these problems until I upgraded to IOS 8. First to version upgrade 8.1 and to see if my problems would be resolved, the other day I upgraded to IOS 8.3. I still have problems with being dropped off of the wifi network in my house. More discouraging is the fact that the strength of the signal to my Ipad 2 is LESS than in the past (only one bar). Then I often get kicked off the system and have to go into it again. My newer Iphone 5C continues to have a strong wifi signal even if I am sitting in the same chair. Very odd...

I know a lot of people are having issues with the IOS 8 and various upgrades. My ipad 2 is older, and I am considering purchasing a newer version like Ipad Air 2. Do you think a newer device like that would give me good internet connection and strong signal as I had before?

Thanks for listening....

May 7, 2015 2:01 PM in response to Bobinseattle

Hi Bobinseattle,

After upgrading my iPad 4 to the latest iOS version 8.3, I was seeing wifi issues too. Tried pretty much all the troubleshooting steps that I came across here in the forum and also online but nothing helped. However few days back I disabled Bluetooth & restarted my iPad after that. To my surprise the wifi issues that I have been seeing disappeared :-).

If you are still seeing wifi issues, try this option & see if that works.

How to fix wifi issues on ipad 2 under ios 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.