Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite 10.10.3 / wifi problem

why on Yosemite 10.10.3 do i need to continually need to turn wifi off and on.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on May 2, 2015 2:39 PM

12 replies

May 4, 2015 12:48 PM in response to Ednew2mac

Howdy Ednew2mac,

It sounds like your Wi-Fi connection is stopping unexpectedly when you have the Continuity features enabled between your devices. I would use the last three steps in the following article to help troubleshoot that:

Wi-Fi Quick Assist - Apple Support

Restart your Mac

Sometimes a simple restart can clear up issues. From the Apple menu (), choose Restart. Once it's finished starting up, try connecting to the network again.

Restart your base station or router

Restart your home network router using the method recommended by its documentation. This may include disconnecting the power cord for 10 seconds or more. Note that any Internet services including a VoIP-based phone will not work until the router restarts.

Update your firmware and software

If you use an AirPort base station, use Software Update to check for available updates. If you use a third-party wireless router, check the manufacturer's website for any firmware updates available for your model. Download and install the software using instructions they provide.

Learn more

Still having issues?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

May 5, 2015 6:11 AM in response to Ednew2mac

Thanks for the update. The next time you would normally toggle Wi-Fi off then back on, use the Wireless Diagnostics Assistant that is built into your Mac OS to see if that helps you determine what the issue is.

About Wireless Diagnostics

I am also still a little unclear as to what the issue is. Was I correct in my initial assessment? if not can you elaborate more on what is happening?

Jul 13, 2015 12:00 PM in response to RaySat

RaySat:

I beginning to think I may have misspoke ,,,, Saturday I started to have an access problem. WiFi indication was it was up and running, but various programs could not connect. WiFi never dropped, but if I turned it off and then on programs would connect. Today about noon I reconnected the cable and have not had a problem since... Makes me wonder if some other type of dynamic activity is going on????? Will keep you informed. Again, any thoughts are welcomed.

Ed

Yosemite 10.10.3 / wifi problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.