Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time capsule problems: Mac does not find it

Hi,

Although my Wi-Fi Network is properly functioning, and Time capsule is responsible for that, my iMac is not finding Time capsule when it comes to Time Machine back-ups. I have been backing-up my Mac for about three years and the problem appeared recently. What suggestions you all have? Should I Format my Time capsule and restart it all over again? How do I manage to keep my older back-ups?

Thanks

Luiz

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 2, 2015 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2015 5:53 PM

Hi

I thank you all for the efforts in trying to help our uneasy days! Let me tell you how I was able to solve the problem I had with Time Capsule.

As I said, my Mac would not find Time Capsule anymore.

Followed this steps:

1. Turned off Wi-Fi.

2. Restarted my Mac with ethernet cable connecting Mac to Time Capsule.

3. Entered Ethernet Network connection configuration and configured IPV6 to Link-local only. Applied changes.

4. Opened Time Machine preferences. There it was my Time Capsule again! Selected it and ordered to back-up!

5. It is backing-up again!

Good luck to all!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2015 5:53 PM in response to luiz19

Hi

I thank you all for the efforts in trying to help our uneasy days! Let me tell you how I was able to solve the problem I had with Time Capsule.

As I said, my Mac would not find Time Capsule anymore.

Followed this steps:

1. Turned off Wi-Fi.

2. Restarted my Mac with ethernet cable connecting Mac to Time Capsule.

3. Entered Ethernet Network connection configuration and configured IPV6 to Link-local only. Applied changes.

4. Opened Time Machine preferences. There it was my Time Capsule again! Selected it and ordered to back-up!

5. It is backing-up again!

Good luck to all!

Time capsule problems: Mac does not find it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.