Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID has been hacked

Hi guys,

I have just had my Apple ID hacked.

They knew my personal questions, my password and my date of birth.

They however couldnt get on to my email address.

But now they have changed every bit of account info.

Is it possible for Apple to retrieve this information as i have lost everything.

Ive created a new Apple ID restored and backed up my phone and unable to update any of my apps.

Is it possible t get all my data back if i can see in my emails that they have changed all my details?

PLEASE help

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 2, 2015 5:22 PM

4 replies

May 2, 2015 6:01 PM in response to Niel

Thanks mate I have contact apple but I can't speak to anyone until tomorrow as today's Sunday.

Just hoping this has happened to somwone else.

And apple were able to restore all their ID. Or even have it blocked.

its frustrating coz iCloud I still asking for the password from my old ID which has changed now.

May 2, 2015 9:41 PM in response to prjct6

and my date of birth.

When asked for this information online many will not give the actual, true, accurate, date of birth. (Most sites are simply trying to verify that you are over 18 years of age.) The reason is that with your true date of birth and your Federal ID number, (a.k.a. Social Security number) someone can steal your identity.

It sounds like you have changed your passwords which is a good step.

May 2, 2015 9:52 PM in response to Ziatron

I havnt been able to change my password on my old ID.

Ive had to create a new Apple ID and change my passwords for everything so they can't access my banking etc.

Ive fixed my app problem but I need to able to remove my iCloud account on this device because it is still as my old ID but they have changed all my password.

My date of birth security questions. I have no idea if there is any way for Apple to get anything back. I have every email still stating that they changed all my account info.

so hopefully Apple can do something about it and restore it or delete it.

BEcause they basically have my whole iCloud. Pictures messages etc.

<Edited by Host>

My Apple ID has been hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.