Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old password forgotten

I changed my Apple ID password about 3 years ago, can't remember the reason and I can't remember the password. The Apple ID has also been changed recently as I changed emails (the old email is still accessible). Now I find I can't access the audiobooks I had purchased. Music and Audiobooks are all sitting on my iPod Classic but my Mac won't recognise the books. I listen to these frequently when travelling. (Music was loaded from CD's that I can reload so I don't care about that). I would like to load more stuff to my iPod but, at the moment, I don't want to lose these items if I sync. I've already lost them off my new iPad as it wouldn't restore the old stuff without the password. I didn't realise I should have written down old passwords. Why is this the case? Surely the account is the same. I tried password recovery but it won't recognise my birthday - I know that hasn't changed!

Posted on May 2, 2015 6:09 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2015 1:46 PM in response to kdsnz15

Good day kdsnz15,

If you have an Apple ID that you are unable to access iTunes purchased content because of a forgotten password, there are several methods you can use to reset that password. See this article -

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

It sounds as if you have already tried several of the methods. If all of the rest don't apply or also fail, see the section titled Get help -

If you're still having issues logging in with your Apple ID and password, make sure that you're entering the correct Apple ID. In most cases, your Apple ID is also the primary email address of your Apple ID account. If these steps didn't help you change your password, contact Apple Support.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing,

Brett L

Old password forgotten

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.