Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do my photos go with iPhoto gone?

okay, so, iPhoto was replaced with Photos. As a photographer, I relied heavily upon importing my photos from my camera to iPhoto. With iPhoto go, where will my imported photos go now? I don't want them to go to Photos either because then they'll go onto my iPhone and iPad through iCloud. I don't want that. So do I have to buy a completely different software just to import my photos?

Posted on May 2, 2015 4:19 PM

8 replies

May 2, 2015 4:57 PM in response to jesusfreak786

You are chasing imaginary deamons

iPhoto is not gone - photos is an addition nothing has been removed except the iPhoto icon in the Dock, it is still in your applications folder and works just fine if you have version 9.6.1 - if not you have to update to 9.6.1

With either Photos or iPhoto when you import your photos go into the respective library

With Photos you do not have to use iCloud or PhotoStream - it works just fine with a totally local library

You do not have to buy anything - you can use Image Capture, Photos, iPhoto or the finder to import photos - 4 different choices all on your Mac

LN

Where do my photos go with iPhoto gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.