Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV ver # 3 "Sleep mode".

G'day All,

Purchase the above last night, installed and configured it and all is working. Did a f/ware update all went well. Have the unit connected via WiFi. The unit is connect to my TV via the surround sound receiver with a HDMI cable. Watched a movie with Netflix perfect.

Now the problem, switched the unit off by going into the settings and selected sleep mode. When I wanted to switch it back on, there is no instruction on what key on the remote to press to wake it up again so used the menu key. All that happened was the white on led came back on on the unit and after what seemed like an eternity the unit actually switched on !!!! While I was waiting for it to wake up, pressing any of the keys on the remote had no reaction on the white on led on the unit at all.

So, do I have a dud unit, or is there an issue with it been woken up, or what key needs to be pressed to wake it up ?

Thanks.

Bss.

Posted on May 2, 2015 6:18 PM

2 replies

May 4, 2015 2:07 PM in response to basil.trek1000

Hi, Bss.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand you have a concern with Sleep Mode and your new Apple TV. You were correct in using the Menu key on the remote to wake your Apple TV. Actually, any button on the remote will wake the unit. I do not believe there is an issue with your unit from what you described. It sounds like there is just a delay with the picture or sound activating as these signals have to route through your receiver. If you have additional concerns regarding this, here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.

Apple TV: Basic troubleshooting

-Jason H.

Apple TV ver # 3 "Sleep mode".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.