Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Simple introduction/tutorial on how to make Cocoa-Applescript Applets?

I'm looking for a simple tutorial on how to make Cocoa-Applescript Applets. I'm pretty new to Applescript, but fairly good at it, and I was wondering how Cocoa-Applescript Applets worked. I was curious as I've been wondering if it was possible to somehow display images in Applescript, and it apparently is the only/easiest way. My problem is that I haven't been able to find any tutorials on using it, so I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction, that'd be great!

thanks in advance

Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on May 2, 2015 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2015 10:22 PM

The main difference is with how the Cocoa APIs are used - in addition to the AppleScript and AppleScriptObjC release notes, there are some examples and resources at Mac OS X Automation. Note that in Yosemite, AppleScriptObjC is available to all scripts, not just applets and libraries.

5 replies

May 2, 2015 11:22 PM in response to Boboonski

The AppleScript Editor has a Cocoa-AppleScript template available in its File menu that will create an applet. The main differences are that Xcode tools such as Interface Builder are not available (Cocoa user interface items are created programmatically), and applets cannot be run directly from the editor (which makes them a little harder to debug).

AppleScriptObjC has been slowly progressing, however, so that currently in Yosemite an applet can be run directly from the Script Editor.

Simple introduction/tutorial on how to make Cocoa-Applescript Applets?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.