Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Drains Instantly

Hi guys,

Yesterday my battery was going dead and I had to charge it while I was on campus. So my friend borrowed me his cable for my iPhone 6. I charged it fully using his third party USB cable, but Apple brick. I charged it from the mains.

After I charged it to full,I have not used it much through out the day and the battery got down to low percentages in the evening. So I charged it with my original charger and still have the problem.

Previously my phone lasted about two days of small to medium use and now with the same use it nearly makes through the day.

I have always used my original charger and never used any third party...

Any suggestions how to fix the problem? What could be the issue? The phone should not be this fragile to affect it by a single charge...

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks 🙂

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on May 2, 2015 6:04 PM

8 replies

May 2, 2015 6:10 PM in response to Bartylh

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/battery-power/

there may be some answers for you here.

Another option would be to call apple support or go to an apple store and have them run a diagnostic to see if it is indeed the battery or something else.

Also do you close your apps after you use them by double clicking the home button?

Another option is to back up your phone and restore it to factory defaults and see if it works better.

How long have you had the phone and did you get apple care?

May 2, 2015 6:41 PM in response to Bartylh

if you are not using the factory charger than the phone may not be charging properly. If you can charge the phone for a couple hours using an apple cable not a third party and see if you see the difference. Some third party chargers do not actually fit the charging port correctly and cause the phone to not charge properly.

Is the phone going from a 100% to a low number really fast?

Also try holding down the home key and the sleep/wake button(power button) at the same time for about 10 to 15 secs to rest the phone and then use an apple cable to charge the phone before doing a restore just as a test.

May 3, 2015 3:26 PM in response to starbuckiphone

Hi again,

I did the reset and drained the battery to zero and then charged it again to full.

It does not drain the batter in a super fast way, but it does with normal use more than it ever did before.

For instance, today I charged the phone to full at 1pm and I have not used it because I studied all day. No texts, no calls, no internet, simply standby. At 11pm it was 55%. That is huge! Previously what happened was that it lasted from 10/11 am at 100% until 11pm to have about 50-60% with the normal use such as calls, texts and browsing on wi-fi.

The phone is only month old!!!

Battery Drains Instantly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.