Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Library stopped uploading from iMac

I have successfully initiated iCloud Photo Library from my iPad and MacBook Air. I am now attempting to do it from my iMac. It started to upload photos to ICloud and I could see a few of them on my MacBook Air. However progress has stopped. The count of photos uploading stopped making any change for days. I have rebooted the iMac and still nothing is happening. I attempt to pause and the button grey out, but the button never changes to Resume. Then if I change the window to General and back to iCloud in preferences, it change back to the un-greyed out Pause Botton, but still nothing is happening.

I decided to try to create a second photos library from my Aperture Library and make it the System Library to start over completely. It now tells me it is uploading 126 items, but still is not changing. In the previous library the count was in the 40,000 range. Activity Monitor shows upload activity in single digit KB per second. This is normal with no up load activity. I can do other things on the internet including uploading pictures to Facebook, so my connection is working.

I was initially told I needed more iCloud storage, so I increased that to 500 GB, but currently System Preferences still show I am only using about 150 GB.

Is anyone else having similar problems with uploads. I have seen many concerns with bandwidth being consumed with uploads. I wish I had that problem.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 2, 2015 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 9:14 AM

The suggestion I found in this thread seems to have resolved my problem.

iCloud photo library not uploading

It suggested to log out of and back into my iCloud account in system preferences. As someone else raised as a concern, this does warn you that all iCould content will be removed from our MAC if you log out. I did it any way and when I logged back in everything seems good and iCloud Photo Library is again uploading from my Photos app. I did reboot after logging out of iCloud and before I re-logged in.

Hope this helps out others too. Also hope it does not keep happening.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2015 9:14 AM in response to Cheese7007

The suggestion I found in this thread seems to have resolved my problem.

iCloud photo library not uploading

It suggested to log out of and back into my iCloud account in system preferences. As someone else raised as a concern, this does warn you that all iCould content will be removed from our MAC if you log out. I did it any way and when I logged back in everything seems good and iCloud Photo Library is again uploading from my Photos app. I did reboot after logging out of iCloud and before I re-logged in.

Hope this helps out others too. Also hope it does not keep happening.

iCloud Photo Library stopped uploading from iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.