Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 1st gen cant reset or restore only shows response to power if plugged directly into wall

I have an Ipad 1st Gen that recently stopped working. It will not charge from computer or wall. If plugged into a computer screen is black and does not show up as connected. If plugged into a wall it will pop up to the apple logo and reset continuously. While plugged into the wall I can force it into recovery mode but can't do anything from there because as soon as I disconnect from wall the Ipad dies. I know it is most likely a hardware failure. I pretty much have it narrowed down to battery or charger port. I dont want to buy both if I dont have to just looking for any kind of advice that anyone may have thank you.

iPad, 1st gen Ipad dont know OS version

Posted on May 2, 2015 8:44 PM

2 replies

Ipad 1st gen cant reset or restore only shows response to power if plugged directly into wall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.