Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5c overheating

Recently, my iPhone 5c has been overheating. I'm not sure exactly when the problem started, but the phone gets warm to the touch during use. This problem is much worse when plugged in, either to the computer or using a wall charger. My charger is an apple charge, not a third part cable. Does anyone have any solutions to this, or know what could be the cause? Thanks

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 2, 2015 8:22 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2015 2:34 PM in response to cconger621

Hello cconger621,

It sounds like you are concerned about your iPhone getting warm when using it or charging it. According to this article that is to be expected:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

When using the device or charging the battery, it is normal for it to get warm. The exterior of the device functions as a cooling surface that transfers heat from inside the device to the cooler air outside.

If the phone gets too hot it will display this image and will not operate until it returns to a normal operating temperature:

User uploaded file

Take a look at the article above for more information about the iPhone acceptable temperature ranges and usage information.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

iPhone 5c overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.