Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod touch won't charge unless I hold it a certain way

I Went to my friends house and I brought my charger. I couldnt find my exact one so I grabbed a charger. I charged it when I got home and went to my grandparents house and charged it there too. I got home and it wouldnt charge. I looked it up and cleaned out my lighting port. Now I have to hold it a certain way to it to charge. I barely cleaned out my port and there's still dirt in it and I don't wanna break it. Especially since I don't have backup

Charging

Posted on May 2, 2015 10:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 1:14 AM

See my response to your other post which I repeated here:

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic. Not clear you looked

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2015 1:14 AM in response to Lindsey12082003

See my response to your other post which I repeated here:

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic. Not clear you looked

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My iPod touch won't charge unless I hold it a certain way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.