Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 5th Generation rear camera not working

SO I've had my iPod for quite a while now and my camera just decided to stop working on me. When ever I try using the camera app the front camer worka completely fine but when I switch to the rear it just turbs black and I cannot use it. It won't work on any other apps I.e. (Snapchat etc.) it doesn't even give me an option to use it. Now the camer isn't the only thing not working as my flashlight isn't as well .i try to use it and when I touch the synbol it turns right off. I just want to know if there is a way to fix it without actually sending it in for repair and/or getting a new one and by myself , please and thank you.

iPod touch (5th generation)

Posted on May 2, 2015 11:10 PM

1 reply

May 3, 2015 1:11 AM in response to Applearesomesuckas

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod 5th Generation rear camera not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.