Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

export a project with only segments of videos

I do love FCPX and don't miss FCP7, but there is one thing I used to be able to do that I can't figure out if its possible to do in X.

Many of the video clips I use in projects are hours long, and I may only use a few secs of video from them in a project. In FCP7 in the media manager it was possible to export a sequence using only the portion of the video used (with the option to add handles of any length too). I would like to move a sequence from one library to a new one in FCPX 10.2 and have that option. Is that something that is possible or is that something still on the wish list for FCPX 10.3? (Or is it just me who was using this feature in FCP7?)

Thanks!

Posted on May 2, 2015 8:52 PM

2 replies

May 3, 2015 6:27 AM in response to Dale Garber

Re-reading this now, it sounds like you might be referring to using Media Manager in legacy FCP for archiving.

If that''s the case, then no… FCP X doesn't have an equivalent function.

I think if I were working with the kind of material you describe, I would probably begin by creating a camera archive when the footage was being taken off the camera/recorder. That way, I could preview in the import window and make rough selects when importing to my event.

Here is a quick tutorial on archiving you may be interested in.

Also, here is a third party clip management appthat may fit your workflow.

Russ

export a project with only segments of videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.