Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Soldats Inconnus : Mémoires de la Grande Guerre MACBOOK

Hello Apple Community,

I am a Windows 7 PC user (Asus A42J with Itunes installed on it) and I would like to send a game (app) to my girlfriend, she is a macbook (+iphone) user.

I saw on internet that I can send her "gifts" through Itunes, I am not really sure how to do that yet..

But first I would like to know : does the game "Soldats Inconnus : Mémoires de la Grande Guerre" ('Valiant Hearts: The Great War' In English) runs on a Macbook OS 10.(Something)?

Thank You

Didi

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.0.x), For a MACBOOK 10...

Posted on May 2, 2015 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2015 11:17 PM

Apps from the iTunes store will only work on iOS devices, so we will be able to use that game on her iPhone (if it's on iOS 7 or later), but not on her Mac computer. An app's requirements are listed on its description page in the store e.g. for that game :

Compatibilité : Nécessite iOS 7.0 ou une version ultérieure. Compatible avec l’iPhone, l’iPad et l’iPod touch. Cette app est optimisée pour l’iPhone 5, l’iPhone 6, et l’iPhone 6 Plus.

Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.

That game (if I'm looking at the correct one) is free to download from the store, so you won't be able to gift it - you can only gift items that are paid-for (gifting allows you to buy something for another person), there is no need to be able to gift free items as they don't cost anything, she can just download it for free herself.

For how to gift an item : Send iTunes Gifts - Apple Support (iTunes : envoi de cadeaux iTunes - Assistance Apple)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2015 11:17 PM in response to Didi Double Di

Apps from the iTunes store will only work on iOS devices, so we will be able to use that game on her iPhone (if it's on iOS 7 or later), but not on her Mac computer. An app's requirements are listed on its description page in the store e.g. for that game :

Compatibilité : Nécessite iOS 7.0 ou une version ultérieure. Compatible avec l’iPhone, l’iPad et l’iPod touch. Cette app est optimisée pour l’iPhone 5, l’iPhone 6, et l’iPhone 6 Plus.

Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.

That game (if I'm looking at the correct one) is free to download from the store, so you won't be able to gift it - you can only gift items that are paid-for (gifting allows you to buy something for another person), there is no need to be able to gift free items as they don't cost anything, she can just download it for free herself.

For how to gift an item : Send iTunes Gifts - Apple Support (iTunes : envoi de cadeaux iTunes - Assistance Apple)

Soldats Inconnus : Mémoires de la Grande Guerre MACBOOK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.