Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Letter from a Word in Logic Pro 9

Hi there.

This is not a very big deal but I noticed there was a letter missing from the word "Collection" in Logic Pro 9. It's just that it's a bit irritating to see it.. Any idea how to fix it?

User uploaded file

Logic Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on May 2, 2015 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 8:58 PM

That is odd indeed..

No idea why that would be happening or what might have caused it..

I can only assume its some form of graphical anomaly specific to your system....or a very minor bit of corruption going on...as i cannot recreate it here nor have I seen this reported elsewhere..

Thankfully, it's apparently just a minor issue and doesn't seem to affect anything else.. so, if I were you.. just put the 'blinders' on and ignore it unless you find other such similar issues going on elsewhere...

In which case, report back... and maybe someone will help you get to the bottom of it...

Note: For about a year I had a similar very minor graphical issue with Logic Pro 8 that no one else could recreate..... For no good reason I can think of, it then fixed itself out of the blue and never happened again... To this day, I have no idea why it happened or what actually fixed it. Just one of those odd quirks I guess.

Cheers..

Nigel

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2015 8:58 PM in response to woofmatix

That is odd indeed..

No idea why that would be happening or what might have caused it..

I can only assume its some form of graphical anomaly specific to your system....or a very minor bit of corruption going on...as i cannot recreate it here nor have I seen this reported elsewhere..

Thankfully, it's apparently just a minor issue and doesn't seem to affect anything else.. so, if I were you.. just put the 'blinders' on and ignore it unless you find other such similar issues going on elsewhere...

In which case, report back... and maybe someone will help you get to the bottom of it...

Note: For about a year I had a similar very minor graphical issue with Logic Pro 8 that no one else could recreate..... For no good reason I can think of, it then fixed itself out of the blue and never happened again... To this day, I have no idea why it happened or what actually fixed it. Just one of those odd quirks I guess.

Cheers..

Nigel

May 3, 2015 9:02 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Yeah it's very strange. I am yet to work on a project on Logic after the fresh installation. Let me see if it performs ok. I've tried even setting it to another language back and fourth but there's no change. So I guess I'll have to turn a blind eye.

Anyway, thanks Nigel. If this problem spreads I'll have to see what can be done.

Cheers!

Jonathan

May 5, 2015 9:46 PM in response to woofmatix

Well, unless it happens to be fixed in an further update to OS X.. which is possible I suppose though I don't expect a fix to be implemented, just for this tiny issue... but it might be if the same fix, fixes other oddities elsewhere... in other apps, if there are indeed any such oddities found or reported that are caused by the same problem.

Other than that small chance...

I don't think it will ever get fixed in terms of an further LP9 update.. as LP9 itself hasn't been updated in over a couple of years and given it is now considered EOL by Apple, I don't believe there will be any further updates in the future. Their focus seems to be purely on LPX these days.

Much the same as the much more serious 'vertical black bar' issue with LP8 and modern OS X versions... will never get fixed..... it's EOL'd too...

So, its just something very minor and in reality, inconsequential to the performance and stability of LP9 ... that we will probably have to just live with...... and I can easily do that.

May 6, 2015 12:47 AM in response to Pancenter

Well, Paceter, o eed to be so egative. Who eeds the letter " " ayway, you ca still read may words without havig to strai the brai eormously. Ad it ca ad will ow use oly twetyfive letters, so all digital documets ca be shruk by oe twetysixth, which is early four percet! Eormous progress, is't it? Ad it saves tos of harddisk space! I'd say it is a geuis move by Apple.

Missing Letter from a Word in Logic Pro 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.