Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

some of the items could not be copied because they cannot be played on this iphone - however these tracks have played fine for months? Help!

Hi all,

I put a new album on my itunes this morning and synced with my iphone 5s, no problems. I also added a couple of other tracks that were floating about in my Music folder. They synced successfully. I then synced again, and all of a sudden i get the error message saying "some of the items could not be copied because they cannot be played on this iphone". it listed the items, all of which are albums that have been on my phone for months and played without issue. I haven't edited or moved these files at all. I have tried re-syncing several times, I have restarted itunes and tried again, and I have uninstalled and re-installed itunes with no joy.

Any ideas?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 3, 2015 3:39 AM

There are no replies.

some of the items could not be copied because they cannot be played on this iphone - however these tracks have played fine for months? Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.