Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto artifacts on IPhone iCloud Photos...

I had my iOS 8.3 iPhone 6 synced to my old iTunes library with had 13,000 photos and associated events. I finally decided to turn on iCloud Photos Sync and remove my old library and sync it to my current... This is too complicated to describe almost. Ok so I bought a new MacBook Pro retina and it did not have enough storage to sync my old iPhoto library. So I started a new one and backed up the old one to an external drive. But I never synced my iPhone because I wanted the photos to remain on iPhone. so I had two different photos libraries on the devices.

Now ow when I finally decided to turn on iCloud Photo Library in settings on iPhone it removed all my iTunes synced photos and kept the current photo stream. But it also kept ghost folders from the iTunes Mac Events library. So these empty ghost folders are still in my album section of Photos on my iPhone.

Any Suggestions?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 3, 2015 1:21 AM

There are no replies.

iPhoto artifacts on IPhone iCloud Photos...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.