Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone pics sometimes won't upload to iCloud...

Sometimes taking pictures on my iPhone will instantly upload the picture to iCloud then I can see it on my computer. As for tonight. I took some videos and pictures form the beach and after being home for 3+ hours on wifi they still weren't in iCloud??? Anyone know why this is or what the fix is? I already checked to make sure the Photos is toggled on in iCloud.

Any help appreciated. If it helps my iPhone in the Photos settings says its "uploading 22 items" but its said this for an hour now.

Thank you.

Posted on May 3, 2015 12:24 AM

1 reply

May 3, 2015 12:35 AM in response to bhisey

As for tonight. I took some videos and pictures form the beach and after being home for 3+ hours on wifi they still weren't in iCloud??? Anyone know why this is or what the fix is? I already checked to make sure the Photos is toggled on in iCloud.

Are you transferring using "My Photo Stream" or "iCloud Photo Library"?

Did you close the camera.app after taking the photos?

The My Photo Stream will not upload to iCloud, until the camera.app is closed, and the iPhone is properly charged.

Also, for My Photo Stream limits apply: You cannot upload too many photos at once: iCloud: My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing limits

iPhone pics sometimes won't upload to iCloud...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.