Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't read ext4 on Pro 13" mid2012 Yosemite

Hi

I'm new to this world. I was on Windows for many years and switched to Linux some 6-7 years ago.

Yesterday i got my smaller external disk 1TB Toshiba USB3 working, but only till i shut down my book.

I tried OSXFuse, it didn't work. Then some other i can't remember the name of. And then i remembered that i have used Paragon on Windows and that worked. But i only got to copy one partition, then i had to go do something else, i unplugged the side, shut down and after that, i can't get the disk mounted. I didn't un-mount before i unplugged it, i don't know if that can mess up something ?

The disk is ok. I went at my work and copied the other partition and got the disk formatted to Mac.

I have a Macbook Pro 13" mid 2012 from 2014. I have OS X Yosemite.

I still have the problem, i have a 2TB Verbatim USB2 that i need to copy files from and then format to Mac.

No matter what i do know, it doesn't work. I have uninstalled and installed all three app's, but nothing works. In disk util, the partitions are greyed out, not the disk itself.

What is the problem and how do i get my book to read ext4 again ?

All the best

Carsten

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 3, 2015 12:10 AM

3 replies

May 3, 2015 11:02 AM in response to Linc Davis

The funny thing is that it actually was an OS X error. It cleared when using alt+cmd+r+p. But then i made another crime. I just put the screen down closing my book that way. And now i have another problem.

it says that i have a problem with the disk, and it's probably be course i there was files being copied to the disk at that time. I had copied files from the disk, and that was long finished.

So what now hangs in the system and how can i clear this ?

May 3, 2015 11:22 AM in response to Boblebad

If you can read a Linux-formatted volume, you're running a third-party system modification. I don't know what the effects of that modification are. All I can suggest is that you remove it according to the developer's instructions, after backing up all data. If the problem goes away and you still need the software, refer to its developer for support.

Can't read ext4 on Pro 13" mid2012 Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.