Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot use iPhoto now there is Photo on my mac. How can I continue to use iPhoto

I cannot use iPhoto now there is Photo on my mac. How can I continue to use iPhoto

Posted on May 3, 2015 4:23 AM

4 replies

May 3, 2015 4:25 AM in response to Flo 19

You can, why do you think it's not possible? Does need updating?

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

May 3, 2015 10:00 AM in response to cindyfromlodi

1 - fix your Cap Lock key - All Caps is rude and is hard to read

2 - ThreadJacking is also Rude and confuses you and the OP since no one knows which answer pertains to which question - start a new thread with a new problem

3 - TD gave very specific instructions which apparently you choose not to bother with - follow them and you will be fine - if you have a problem then you need to start a new thread and give specific details

LN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.