Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

intermittent audio apple tv

when playing movies and or netflix or airplay etc i experience intermittent audio via the audio cable connected to my surround sound system.

It works better after some time, like it needs a warm up period, but this makes no sense.

Macbookpro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 3, 2015 3:07 AM

1 reply

May 5, 2015 10:19 PM in response to joopb

I have this same issue. It started after updating my ATV3 to 7.2 (8.3) yesterday. After awhile, the problem seems to go away, but early on I will experience frequent audio dropouts. Then after 15 minutes or so, it will stabilize. My ATV3 is always on, but my Surround Sound receiver isn't. This does not occur with the other HDMI source audio devices, like TiVo or PC. I use "Dolby Digital=ON" setting and Video=1080p instead of "Auto" defaults for those ATV3 settings As troubleshooting. Still have HDMI audio dropouts for first 15 minutes of daily usage. Then after fine.

Scott

intermittent audio apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.