Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS8.3 UPDATE ISSUES???

I am beyond annoyed ever since I updated my 5s. If anyone can tell me if they experience the same thing or if anyone is able to find a solution, is truly appreciate it.

1) Photos: I only see lIke 10 of the most recent pictures. As I scroll up, its just all blank white space with no pictures... But I can scroll all the way up. There's no dates either. I also can't even delete pictures because all the app does is crash on me.

2) My camera wants to work when it wants to. There's times when I'm able to use the camera, and there's times when it's just a black screen BUT I'm able to FaceTime.

3) STORAGE! I'm beyond irritated. I've literally came down to only having like 10 apps and there's absolutely no way I maxed my memory space. When I went to my "usage" in settings, I would delete apps and then the space available is STILL 0. Is this even possible??? Yes, I am aware I have a 16GB iPhone but is it the new update that is taking such a chunk out my space or is there just something wrong??

4) Now as I write here, like 80% of my apps crash on me. If it's email, messages, YouTube, instagram... They just ALL crash on me at some point of the day.

Ive been debating if I should just upgrade to a 6, but my 5s was working perfectly fine for almost 1 year and had no issues like this.

Could it be a the update or my phone?

PS: No water damage or has this phone been dropped excessively.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on May 3, 2015 6:48 AM

2 replies

May 3, 2015 7:20 AM in response to jmpark14

I now am not receiving texts or missing texts. When I send a text, it sits at "sending" through wifi and without wifi.

I have a mini iPad that I updated aroumd the same time and it's working perfectly fine.

I have rebooted my phone, hard reseted it.

Im asking here for personal experiences before I begin to call or go to apple.

May 3, 2015 11:09 AM in response to jmpark14

I was just having the exact same storage issues after upgrading to ios 8.3 on a 5s. yesterday.

1) back up your phone (or be able to use the back up you did just before you upgraded) to your computer.

2) plug in to computer, open itunes and look at your phones summary. At this point you'll probably see (bottom of screen) that "Other" (yellow) is filling up your phone.

With zero storage you phone just cant work right, apps cant run etc etc etc.

turn off find my iphone first if you have it on.

3) Use the restore function to return your phone to factory fresh with ios 8.3. It'll have you do the first inital set up of the phone like when you got it. It''ll then ask (on computer) if you want to stay fresh or do a restore form back-up. Chose that. it'll be back to the way you had it.

I did have to re-sync some music but that s all good.

Worked for me a free'd up 4.5 GB

IOS8.3 UPDATE ISSUES???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.