Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to free up storage space. found that my movies have 20 GB used but I have no movies in it. however I do have photo library listed under movies as well as in iphoto. can I delete photos in movie without deleting altogether?

Can I delete photo library that is under I Movie app without affecting photos in I photo? these are not video clips; all my photo library is there for some reason.need extra storage so do not want to be duplicating

iPad 2, Other OS

Posted on May 3, 2015 5:59 AM

1 reply

May 3, 2015 6:28 AM in response to priscillafrombronx

Do you mean the Photo Libraries that are shown in the Library Browser in iMovie?

That is no duplication. iMovie is just showing you the photo libraries, so you can easily access your media files without having to launch Photos or iPhoto. The items are not duplicated.

User uploaded file

To delete it from there, you would have to delete your System Photos library or your iPhoto Library.

I am trying to free up storage space. found that my movies have 20 GB used but I have no movies in it. however I do have photo library listed under movies as well as in iphoto. can I delete photos in movie without deleting altogether?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.