Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to transfer a song from my macbook to the iphone 6

I tried it in iTunes, but it did not work.

I got the message dat the number could not be imported.

Who knows the solution?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)

Posted on May 3, 2015 6:11 AM

7 replies

May 3, 2015 6:21 AM in response to henkfromhier

What kind of song do you want to transfer? A GarageBAnd song you shared to iTunes? Are you using GarageBand 10 or GarageBand '11?

In GarageBand 10 try this: http://help.apple.com/garageband/mac/10.0/#gbndfb96a96f

Share a song to your iTunes library

• Choose Share > Song To iTunes.
  • In the Share to iTunes dialog, do the following: User uploaded file
    • To rename the shared file, select the name in the Title field, then enter a new name.
    • Type artist, composer, and album information for the shared file in the respective text fields.Tip: You can also add these tags in My Info preferences.
    • Choose the quality level for the shared file from the Quality pop-up menu.
  • Click Share.

When you share a song to iTunes, the entire song, from the beginning to the end of the last region, is exported. Any silence at the beginning or end of the song is trimmed. If Cycle mode is on when you share the song, the part of the song between the start and end of the cycle area is exported.

The shared song appears in the iTunes library, where you can add it to playlists, convert it, or burn it to a CD. The format of the shared song is determined by the iTunes import settings.

Then sync your iPhone as usual with iTunes and the new song should be added.

May 3, 2015 6:52 AM in response to henkfromhier

But i meant to use the file in Garageband on the iPhone.

Is that possible?

If the song has been synced to the Music.app on your iPhone, you can add it to a GarageBand project from the Loop Browser.

But there is no way to transfer a GarageBand song as a GarageBand project from GarageBand on the Mac to GarageBand iOS on your iPhone. You can garageBand iOS projects created on your iPhone in GarageBand on the Mac, but not GarageBand for Mac projects in GarageBand iOS on your iPhone. Projects can only be transferred one-way, from the iPhone to the Mac.

how to transfer a song from my macbook to the iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.