Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I get iphoto back?

I don't find the new Photos app intuitive at all and would love to go back to iPhoto.

1. How do I export an image as a custom size?
  2. How do I use the 'skin tone' adjustment?
  3. How do I bump the sharpness all the way up without affecting the other settings?
  4. How do I scroll through the images in an album and note the number of each?

These are all things I could do in seconds with iPhoto and I find Photos jarringly dissimilar.

Posted on May 3, 2015 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 8:58 PM

1. You have the same export settings in Photos as iPhoto

2. Skin Tone is a white balance setting. You select it. It only really works no Raws.

3. Any setting that works on the entire image is likely to impact other settings.

4. The number?

You can go back to iPhoto if you wish. Launch it. Done.

3 replies

May 3, 2015 8:57 PM in response to bendspringer

1 - export via the File ➙ Export

2 - don't see a skin tone adjustment in Photos. Is that the point you're trying to make?

3 - just move the intensity slider in the Sharpen sections that should not change any of the other settings.

User uploaded file

4 - two ways.

A - type Command + i to bring up the Info pane which shows the file name and then scroll thru the photos. The window will stay open where you place it.

User uploaded file

B - first set the titles to be shown in this menu window:

User uploaded file

Check to see if any of your titles show. If not then use this Applescript in the Users Tips for Photos to put the file name of each photo into the Title field for each thumbnail: Photos for Mac: Batch Changing the Titles to the Filename

Other batch renaming scripts are available in the Photos for Mac User Tips

User uploaded file

Can I get iphoto back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.