Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch (Gen 5) Bluetooth not linking with Bose mini speaker

Prior to loading the latest update (v8.3) to my iPod Touch, I was using my Bose Mini Bluetooth speaker effortlessly. Since the update, my iPod does not "see" the Bose speaker, only my MacBook Pro laptop. I have shut down the iPod and restarted it, then made sure that Bluetooth was enabled, but continue to get the same results - nothing. The only device that is detected on my iPod Touch is the MacBook Pro. Hence, I suspect it was the update to the iPod that is the problem, but hoping I'm overlooking something that is so obvious, that I don't see it. Is there another update that needs to be located and uploaded?

Please help! 😕

Thank you.

Posted on May 3, 2015 7:48 AM

4 replies

May 3, 2015 9:15 AM in response to tmcookie

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset the Bose speaker

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. You will have to rejoin all wifi networks and re-pair BT devices

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

May 3, 2015 5:32 PM in response to lllaass

First, thanks for the quick reply, and secondly, the suggestions.

Unfortunately, nothing worked. Your link (iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes) was informative, but currently I'm not interested in doing back ups, as I actually have it set up to do it automatically when (USB) attached to my computer. Just so you know, resetting this iPod did not impact the iOS, as it remained v8.3 throughout numerous "reset all settings" attempts. I did manage to wipe out all my songs, videos, etc., leaving just the system stuff and original apps. I had to go through all the steps that I did when I first bought the iPod, so it was wiped clean.... BUT the darn iOS remained at the latest version.

Any other suggestions, so I'll leave what hair I have left alone??? 😝

Again, thanks so much for trying to help me.

May 4, 2015 6:16 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks so much! I had checked the website before writing the above note, but didn't find anything - which means I didn't look deep enough. 😊 Your note prompted me to go back and read all support writings for the Bose speaker and, sure enough!, went through a series of steps that erased all synced devices to the Bose speaker, as well as a few other adjustments and voilá, all is working as they should.

I cannot thank you enough. 🙂

iPod Touch (Gen 5) Bluetooth not linking with Bose mini speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.