Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add Photos into a Keynote in Yosemite?

I've recently updated to Yosemite, and I deeply regret it. I used iPhoto and Keynote a lot, and it seems that EVERYTHING is different (not for the better). I am currently working on a project and trying to insert pictures from Photos into Keynote. When I attempt to copy the picture, as you could previously do in iPhoto, and paste it into Keynote it doesn't work. The drag also doesn't work. The drag works when I save each individual photo to the desktop, but that's entirely too time consuming for such a large project. When I try to search media and insert the photo, all I can see is pictures from PhotoBooth. I'm very frustrated and in need of help. Please, somebody, help! I'm a long-term Mac user and I've never been so disappointed.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 3, 2015 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 12:43 PM

Importing from Photos into Keynote could not be simpler; click the Media button in the Tool Bar, select the Photos library from the list and click on the image you want.

12 replies

May 5, 2015 12:45 AM in response to ubershananigans

You need to set the Photos Library:

1. Quit Photos.
  2. Hold down the Option key, then open Photos. One of the photo libraries is already designated as YourLibraryName (System Photo Library).
  3. Choose the library you want to designate as the System Photo Library.
  4. After Photos opens the library, choose Photos > Preferences from the menu bar.
  5. Click the General tab.
  6. Click the Use as System Photo Library button.

Jun 23, 2015 4:42 PM in response to Gary Scotland

HI Gary

thank you for your reply, I seem to have photos in PHOTOS. It asked me what library I wanted to use when I started, and When I click on the program, all my photos are there and I can fiddle with them. Are the photos not actually in PHOTOS even though I am fiddling with them?

Also any tips on how to google questions about this program when it does not have a unique name ?

Many thanks

Deborah

Jun 24, 2015 4:02 AM in response to Deborah brisbane

Try resetting POTOS by deleting the preference file:

the preference file will be replace with default settings when you open PHOTOS again

click the desktop to select Finder

hold down the option key on the keyboard, then, in the Go menu, select Library

in the window that appears navigate to: Library > Preferences

delete this file: com.apple.Photos.LSSharedFileList

Also any tips on how to google questions about this program when it does not have a unique name ?

Sorry don't understand this, rephrase?

Jan 4, 2016 11:13 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Gary, I'm at my wit's end here. I have the exact same problem as Deborah. I cannot get "PHOTOS" to show up in the media tab on Keynote. I have done the things you suggested but was unable to selected "use as system photo library" as an option because it was greyed.

I do not have this file "com.apple.Photos.LSSharedFileList" in my preferences

In fact, I have not files about "photos" in my preferences.

And yet, it seems I have images in "photos." Many! Some added just today!

I'm losing it. I have to finish a presentation this week and have lost almost an entire day to this mania. HELP! PLEASE!

How do I add Photos into a Keynote in Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.