Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 sound wont work! ( Headphone mode )

So here's the story, I replaced my ipads screen after it broke and I got it fix. I also updated it to ios 8.1.3 after I fixed it. The sound worked perfectly after that, but then I watched a video on safari. The video's sound worked perfectly, but when I went on Youtube, the sound didnt work anymore. I thought it was just the apps problem, so I deleted it and downloaded it again but it still didnt work. So I checked Pandora and the sound didnt work at all. ( I tried several apps after that and none of them seemed to work. ) BUT when I went on settings and made my ringtone to the max, it worked fine.

Things I tried -

1. Reset it ( home button + off )

2. Turn on Mono Tone

3. Went on control center and made it not muted

4. Turned off lock sounds and keyboard clicks

5. Blowing/drying the jack

6. Backed it up and factory reset the whole ipad - restored it after everything

Also, If you suggest me to plug my earphones in and out of the jack, I can't. Long story short, my earphones jack got jammed into the jack so I tried the superglue thing... ( put superglue on a toothpick and hold it in place with the jammed jack ) But It work and made the whole jack filled with superglue. But I somehow removed the jack with another method. And after that, I haven't been using my headphones for a few months now and the sound was just fine. Help?

iPad, iOS 8.1.3, Ipad 2

Posted on May 3, 2015 9:36 AM

There are no replies.

Ipad 2 sound wont work! ( Headphone mode )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.