Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! iPhoto won't open in Yosemite!

I went to open iPhoto 9.6 today and it says it needs to update but when it takes me to the app store it says that the update is not available in the US. what is going on? I am running 10.10.3.

MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on May 3, 2015 9:38 AM

1 reply

May 3, 2015 9:40 AM in response to Bucknut

You need to update to iPhoto 9.6.1. Only that is fully compatible with MacOS X 10.10.3.

You can no longer buy iPhoto from the App Store anywhere, and also not update it from the "Updates" tab of the App Store. You can however reinstall it, if it is showing among your Purchases at the App Store and associated with your AppleID.

Sign into the App Store and look at the Purchases tab. If you do not see iPhoto there, try to unhide your Purchases as described on this page: Hide and unhide purchases in the Mac App Store - Apple Support

If iPhoto shows on your Purchases tab, reinstall as described in this User Tip:

Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS... | Apple Support Communities

The main idea is to move the incompatible iPhoto app to the Trash, so Spotlight does not see it as installed, reload the App Store by pressing ⌘R, and then to try to download again from the App Store - from your Purchases tab, not from the main page, since you can neither buy iPhoto nor update it, but you can reinstall, if your AppleID is associated with it.

So move iPhoto to the Trash (don't empty the Trash), relaunch the App Store. The button to the right if iPhoto should change to Install on the "Purchases" tab.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/565704040

-- Léonie

Help! iPhoto won't open in Yosemite!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.