Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iPhone 5s set in lock mode and erased. Now returned but not working.

Hi!

I lost my iPhone 5s in a club and went straight home to localize it. I found that it was in a completely different place so I put in lock mode. Then I noticed that my phone was turned off. So I panicked and erased all data via iCloud. However, the phone was apparently found by a kind man who gave it back to me the day after. I am now trying to get the phone to work, but all it says is "Sim Locked" and I cannot get past the first Setup, where you pick language, location and WiFi. I tried connecting the phone to iTunes but it said that my Sim card was locked.

Any idea what I should do?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on May 3, 2015 9:55 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2015 10:00 AM in response to Tagning

I think the "kind man" changed the SIM in order to use the phone he pilfered, discovered it went into Activation Lock and returned it since it was no longer usable. Check that the SIM in there is indeed from your carrier, else go to them and get a new one registered to your number.

Remember the phone has to be OFF before removing the SIM.

Lost iPhone 5s set in lock mode and erased. Now returned but not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.