Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can albums be merged in photos OS x Yosemite

I recently installed Yosemite to find iPhoto was no longer available. I did however discover all my images were on photos and my events were replaced with albums. Sometimes i merge my events but I can't do this with albums. Can this be done?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 3, 2015 9:59 AM

6 replies

Jul 10, 2015 6:16 AM in response to Sabreline36

Went to the Apple store to learn that all my named events had permanently lost their titles, all my named pictures had lost their titles too. Currently working my way thru 15 years and 9,800 photos. A warning to all before down loading Yosemite. Wish I hadn't.

Photos does not have events; new libraries are automatically split into moments. But the names of your events have been saved as albums. Look for a folder "iPhoto Events".. For each of your events you should find an album with the same name as the event and the photos from the event.

To restore the titles is more involved. If the titles of the photos have been the filenames, you will find the titles as the filename in the Info panel.

You can copy and paste the filenames to the title field. Or use an Apple Script I posted as a user tip to automatically copy the filenames to the titles.

See: Photos for Mac: Batch Changing the Titles to the Filename

There are two versions. If you are using iCloud Photo Library use version 2.

Can albums be merged in photos OS x Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.