Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone will not complete the process of restarting

I will begin the process of restarting and the apple sign with the line under would pop up but will only complete about 50% of the process and then iTunes will tell me an unknown error occure (53)

iPhone 6

Posted on May 3, 2015 7:49 AM

1 reply

May 5, 2015 6:53 AM in response to tamikanatavia

Good Morning tamikanatavia,

If your iPhone will not turn on, follow the steps in the resource below:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412

Plug in your device and let it charge for at least 1 hour.

If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up

You might see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen for a long time during start up. Try these steps:

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, you can borrow one, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery mode screen.
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 mintues, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3 again.

Hope that helps ...

- Judy

my iPhone will not complete the process of restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.