Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I search a sheet in my workbook by name?

I have made a workbook titled 'Stock' with multiple sheets containing data about the inventory items. How do I search for a particular sheet in the workbook, without having to scroll through,say, 100, of these sheets? I used the app 'Numbers' for making the workbook.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 3, 2015 10:19 AM

2 replies

May 3, 2015 1:45 PM in response to Tyagi BM

Hi tyagi,

Scrolling thru many sheets is a pain- I don't like having more than 8. Unfortunately Numbers does not offer a better way to navigate them. There may be someone on this site that could write a script for you.

If you have multiple tables on a sheet it is easier to get to them. If you click the triangle in the tab you can navigate quickly to a specific table.

User uploaded file

Maybe if you grouped tables on a few sheets I wold simplify your life.

quinn

May 3, 2015 6:23 PM in response to Tyagi BM

You can have something like this (a list of all sheets in your document) pop up whenever you hit a keyboard shortcut (in my case shift-command-j):

User uploaded file

This is done via a Jump to Sheet Automator Service (Dropbox download). To install just doubleclick the .workflow package and (if needed) click 'Download Anyway' in System Preferences > Privacy & Security.

After installation a new item will appear in your Numbers > Services menu. Then, if you want a keyboard shortcut, go here in System Preferences and add one:

User uploaded file

You can rename or remove the service by holding down the option key in Finder and choosing Go > Library > Services. You can also view the AppleScript contained within the service by opening the .workflow package in Automator.

SG

How do I search a sheet in my workbook by name?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.