Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist clears everytime I reboot the iPhone 5s

It seems with the last update of iOS, every time I reboot my iPhone 5s, when I go to listen to my playlist I have to reselect it and either remember where I left off or start over. I use my playlist all day long everyday to get through work so this is really frustrating. Is anyone else having an issue, or does anyone know if Apple is already aware of the bug? I'm on the latest os update (8.3); any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 3, 2015 7:18 AM

3 replies

May 3, 2015 8:07 AM in response to libracolo

If you restart your phone, you will lose your place in a playlist. To the best of my knowledge, it's always worked that way. It was certainly the case with every iPod I ever owned. Why are you finding it necessary to reboot your phone more than once in a great while?

Submit your feedback to Apple requesting a change here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

May 3, 2015 7:52 PM in response to libracolo

libracolo wrote:

If I don't reboot the phone, by the middle of the morning the phone is very laggy (slow) to update any of the apps.

You might want to focus on finding the problem that is causing you to have to reboot your phone every day. That shouldn't be necessary. If it were me, I'd restore the phone as new and then add apps back slowly until I figured out what was causing the slow down.

Playlist clears everytime I reboot the iPhone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.