Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro or iMac?

I'm looking to invest in a Mac. I can't decide whether to get a Macbook Pro or iMac. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also would you notice a RAM upgrade from 8GB to 16GB?

Thanks

Posted on May 3, 2015 8:14 AM

1 reply

May 3, 2015 8:27 AM in response to isaacmcdermott

I'm a CPA, and I have both. I operated solely on my MB Pro this tax season, as I wasn't tied to a single location. I have no complaints about the iMac, it's just that for me, my laptop was more convenient.

Your choice depends on what you want to do, and where you want to do it. For me, being able to take my office with me, wherever and whenever, beat out the iMac.

My laptop also has 16 GB, but, looking back, I think it was overkill for my CURRENT needs. If you're going to use RAM intensive programs, then go with it. However, my laptop is NOT upgradeable, and so I bought with future needs in mind, as I tend to keep my machines instead of upgrading every 2 years. I figure with new operating systems, and programs always taking up more and more RAM, 16 was the way to go.

Macbook Pro or iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.