Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't play videos but photos display OK?

Not sure what's happening here. my iPhone seed and logs into the Apple TV ... I get a code from the screen and input it on the phone. The phone will mirror and display photos. But it will not stream video. When I go to the YouTube App, I can select the atv and hit play but the spinning circle just appears on the TV continuously and the iPhone indicates the video is playing on the ATV. When I try this with Netflix the circle spins for a few seconds then gives me the error on bothy the TV and phone that it is unable to play the movie at this time.

IVe reset the atv but nothing changes. Everything else works fine, I just can't stream video.

anybody know what's going on here?

Posted on May 3, 2015 8:05 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2015 11:57 AM in response to cdlvj130

Sorry I didn't understand your reply. The ATV works normally. All video streamed Peer-to-Peer from the iPhone from Apple native apps works fine -- i.e. movies downloaded from iTunes, videos shot on the iPhone. My ATV is running whatever the latest software update is, as is my iPhone.

I've since discovered that video from CNNs website does not play either -- instead it produces a warning that I am not connected to the internet, which is of course wrong since I'm accessing the website to get to the video. And I can get the video to play on my iPhone, just not when connected via AirPlay.

Can't play videos but photos display OK?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.