Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the charging cable not working on iPhone 6?

Hi guys,

I just bought a new iPhone 6 and i'm very happy with the phone itself. Natural upgrade from my old iphone 5. But i kinda feel ripped off by the following: I bought an official apple 2m lightning charger at an official apple seller about 6 months ago for about 30 euro (don't know the exact price). Worked perfectly with my iphone 5 and allowed me to use my phone in a better way while lying in bed. But when i try to charge my iPhone 6 with that charger it says that the asseccory isn't supported by the phone. It really ****** me off. Why is an official apple charger not supported on the iPhone 6?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 3, 2015 8:15 AM

3 replies

May 3, 2015 8:25 AM in response to Sjinobi

Does the charger-cable that came with the iPhone 6 work properly, does the extra charger work correctly with other devices? If so, could be an issue with the extended cable matching the new iPhone. You could take it to an Apple Store Genius Bar and have the techs check it to see why it won't work with the new iPhone. Could be the resistance is too high for the new iPhone.

Why is the charging cable not working on iPhone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.