Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi guys spoke to apple about the ipod5 I bought thats locked I asked I thay could rest it as thay have the seris number he said no I think If the owner when he sold it on couldnt be bothered to unlock it first why us naive people should lose money

HI guys bought a ipod 5 of ebay when I receipt it found out it was locked fast I spoke to a guy from apple in America yesterday explained that I was not able to open it as it was locked I was told I needed to get in touch with the original owner so he could give me the code to unlock it ????? well I have more chance of platting **** than getting hold of he or she if Im unable to do that there is nothing thay can do !!!!! if apple can be bothered to look to see if that account is still active or not I DONT SEE A PROBLEM FOR APPLE TO UNLOCK MY IPOD AS THEY HAVE THE SERIAL NUBER I DONT SEE WHY US NAIVE PEOPLE SHOULD SUFFER BECAUSE THEY CANNOT BE BOTHERED TO REMOVE THEIR SECURITY BEFOR SELLING IT ON yours MR T Broadbent

<Edited By Host>

iPhone 5, serial no CC*******JFD

Posted on May 3, 2015 10:22 AM

2 replies

Hi guys spoke to apple about the ipod5 I bought thats locked I asked I thay could rest it as thay have the seris number he said no I think If the owner when he sold it on couldnt be bothered to unlock it first why us naive people should lose money

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.