Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Apple ID

I have bought my wife a new iPad which means I have use of the old one. I have gone into settings to try to delete her Apple ID, so I can substitute mine but even going to Reset to Factory Settings does not remove her Apple ID.

How can I remove her ID from this device but not affect her new iPad (which would be most unwise)?

Thank you.

Posted on May 3, 2015 9:59 AM

3 replies

May 4, 2015 2:49 AM in response to Tregarth01

Tregarth01 wrote:

How can I remove her ID from this device but not affect her new iPad (which would be most unwise)?

Just so that you know, as long as your wife has already set up her new iPad and restored her backup, there is absolutely nothing that you can do on the old iPad that will affect her new iPad. If you remove her ID, erase the device, delete her iCloud account on the device...none of that has any bearing on the new iPad.

The only way that you could screw things up is to delete her iCloud backups, before she has a chance to restore one of them setting up her new iPad.

Deleting Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.