Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

captcha does not work

I find myself switching to Firefox (from Yosemite) every time I have to answer captchas. In Yosemite I try many times and never get through, with Firefox no problem on first or second try. So I am not just imagining there is a problem.

It is annoying since I like Yosemite much better than Firefox. I suppose it has to do with encoding or encryption or whatever the term is. Can I change something in the preferences to make captchas work?

And frankly, I am guessing as to which "community" to assign this issue.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 3, 2015 1:23 PM

6 replies

May 3, 2015 1:29 PM in response to albrecht.zumbrunn

Yosemite is a Operating system. It has nothing to do with captchas. which are a securing mechanism on websites.

I'm thinking you mean Safari.

Captchas are developed on the website end. they need to be tested on all browsers to make sure they work. If whoever made the captcha did not make it compatible with safari, there's really nothing you can do about it.

Complain to the Website Administrator about their captchas.

Most captchas I've used work fine on Safari.

May 3, 2015 1:34 PM in response to albrecht.zumbrunn

Captchas do not always distinguish well between numbers, letters, upper- and lower-case. They know it, too. That's why they offer the option to try a different one.

Unless the captchas simply do not display, it's not a browser issue and Safari works just fine. It's just a luck of the draw - sometimes you get an easy one, sometimes not.

captcha does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.